Hosted by The Office of Diversity and Equity
We strive to eliminate stigma, oppression, racism and poverty
The Latino Collaborative promotes holistic practices designed to build safe, strong, resilient families in San Mateo County. We work to increase access to stigma-free services and treatment involving mind, spirit and body to all San Mateo County residents, regardless of insurance eligibility. We believe that services that integrate Latino heritage, culture, spirituality and family values will nurture and strengthen the health of Latino individuals and families.
We want to hear from YOU:
The Latino Collaborative is funded by the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
Our Mission and Vision
To give a voice to the Latino community by working together to support mind- body-soul and healthcare practices that are culturally appropriate.
- Create stronger, safer and more resilient families through holistic practices
- Promote a stigma-free environment
- To provide fair access to health and social services, independently of health insurance coverage
- Appreciate and respect traditional practices
- Recognize and incorporate Latino history, culture and language into Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS)
With the support of the Mental Health Services Act, the Latino Collaborative was created in 2008. Since then, members of the Collaborative have been committed to give voice to the Latino Community through creative, innovative and collaborative efforts that promote integrated, culturally congruent holistic health. See the Latino Collaborative Brochure: , for more information.
Events for 2022 coming soon.
The Latino Collaborative meets every 4th Tuesday of the month from 3:30pm to 5pm. We welcome anyone to join. For 2022, the LC continues to meet virtually.
Stipends are available for those who identify as Behavioral Health clients or family members. For more information, please ask the co-chairs.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 7184 8345
Latino Collaborative Resources
- to BHRS Leadership (Ziomara Ochoa and Hector Robles Moncada)
- - Presentation to National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
Resources for the Latino Community
Mental Health Resources:
- Stigma and Mental Illness
- What is mental health?
- What is behavioral therapy (better)
- Mental Health Among Latinos
- Stories of mental health
- Introduction to Mental Health Issues
- Mistakes made by mental health professionals
- Mental illness in a foreign land
- Mental health services
- Stigma to treatment
- Community mental health
- Parenting information
- Office of Diversity and Equity Parent Project
- Office of Diversity and Equity Health Ambassadors
- Sana Sana - Annual Latino Health Forum
- Drumming Circle with the Spirituality Initiative
- Intergenerational Fishbowl
- Rae Tapia’s Life Celebration with the PRIDE Initiative
- Parent Group
- Latino Round Table
- Latino Family Nights
- Drug Education Night
- Peace Walk