Skip to main content Skip to site navigation

Forms & Permits




Requirements and resources for your industry
California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program
California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program flyer for San Mateo County residentsEnglish | Español | 中文 | Tagalog

ATTENTION LANDLORDS: Sign up to receive important text and email notifications

To file a complaint about:

  • Leaking roofs
  • Faulty plumbing
  • Inadequate heating
  • Substandard electrical problems
  • Pests (including rodents and cockroaches)
  • Mold
  • Lead

Birth and Death Certificates

How to get birth and death certificates, (Note: For requests pre 1966 records, contact County Clerks Recorder’s Office at 650-363-4500)


Pets & Wildlife


Pet owners in San Mateo County should be aware there have been reports of pets (cats and dogs) that have become ill with COVID-19. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or suspect that you are infected because you have symptoms, isolate yourself from others including your pets. If your pets become ill and have respiratory signs, contact your veterinarian for advice. There has been no evidence that pets can transmit the COVID-19 virus.


Medical Marijuana ID Program

The Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program in the State of California advises counties to administer a voluntary card registration program that allows eligible patients and their primary caregivers to apply for and receive identification cards through their county of residence (Senate Bill 420).

How do I apply for a medical marijuana ID card?

  1. You must apply in person:

    San Mateo County Health
    225 37th Avenue, Room 11
    San Mateo, CA  94403
    (650) 573-2395