Healthy Nail Salon Reward Program
Pretty Shouldn’t Stink
The next time you get your nails done, choose a Healthy Nail Salon.
Certified salons have committed to using less toxic products, safer practices and better ventilation, so you can breathe easier knowing they are healthier for you, their employees, and the planet.
Get $5 Certificates!
Sign up for text message certificates (redeemable from your phone):
To receive email certificates, click here
Did you get an electronic (text/email) certificate? Redeem your paperless certificate by showing the text or email message to your nail technician!
- Nail polishes without the toxic trio: toluene, dibutyl phthalate, and formaldehyde, which can cause cancer
- Nail polish thinners without toluene and methyl ethyl ketone
- Nail polish removers without ethyl acetate and butyl acetate, which irritate eyes and skin
- Artificial nails without methyl methacrylate, which can cause birth defects and rashes
- Employees wear gloves when working with chemicals
- Technicians use ventilation units when providing artificial nail services to remove fumes and dust from the air
Why did we start this program?
San Mateo County wants to keep nail salon customers and employees safe! Nail technicians are routinely exposed to many hazardous chemicals found in nail salon products for long periods of time. These chemicals have been linked to health impacts that include cancer, birth defects, asthma, rashes, and other serious health conditions. While customers are not exposed to the chemicals for as long, there is still a concern for those that visit nail salons often.
The California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology regulates other health aspects of nail salons, such as inspecting them for cleanliness. Contact them or report an issue here.
Certified Healthy Nail Salons in San Mateo County
Euro Nail Spa (NEW!)
1155 California Drive, Suite F
Lulu Nail Spa
1134 Broadway Avenue
Lunula Nail Spa (NEW!)
401 Primrose Rd Suite B, Burlingame, CA 94010
Maite Nail & Skin Spa
349 California Drive
1360 Broadway Avenue
Friend’s Nail & Company (NEW!)
7377 Mission St.
Ann’s Nail Spa
1150 El Camino Real
18 Hillcrest Blvd.
1655 El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030
Ele Ela Nail Salon (NEW!)*
1831 Palmetto Ave
Kim’s Natural Nails*
450 Dondee Way, Suite 12
Nails by Lisa
345 Rockaway Beach Ave.
88 Eureka Square
Bamboo Nail Spa
810 Middlefield Road
1224 El Camino Real
Mani-Cute Nail Salon
1864 S. Norfolk St.
Relaxing Nails & Spa
639 S B St.
7 Sisters Nail Spa
101 W 25th Ave.
K Spa Nail Salon (NEW!)
21 S B St.
Tip Toes Nails (NEW!)*
65 Bovet Rd.
Touch of Beauty (NEW!)
13 41st Ave
* Asterisk indicates salon is not accepting certificates at this time.
For assistance signing up for the Healthy Nail Salon Reward Program, please call (650) 339-9526, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.