BHRS Quality Management
BHRS Quality Management
Click the tabs below for more information
Documentation Quick Guide - FAQ
Medication Support Quick Guide
Emotional Support Animal FAQ
Link to Telehealth Resources for
Guidelines for Providing Hybrid Service Delivery 11/2/22
Remote Services Location Code FAQ
How to Use Microsoft TEAMS for Running Groups
Avatar My Views
Urgent Care Alert
Clinical Avatar Training
Youth Initial Assessment Worksheet Youth Re Assessment Worksheet
Adult Initial Assessment Worksheet Adult Re Assessment Worksheet
BHRS AUTHORIZATION AND CONSENT FORMS
Link to BHRS Authorization and Consent Forms
Contractor Forms: https://www.smchealth.org/bhrs/providers/soc
WEBINAR RECORDINGS & POWERPOINTS
Link to Quality Management Videos:
County Staff |
BHRS Staff and other San Mateo County Health Department Staff may access QM training in the county LMS at www.smcgov.org/LMS
BHRS Contractors/Contract Agencies may access the LMS by creating an account at https://sanmateocounty.csod.com/selfreg/register.aspx?c=bhrscp01
Client & Services Information (CSI)
CSI Assessment Timely Access 8.25.21
CSI Assessment Training 5.26.21
Critical Incident Reports
Ask-QM FAQ_: Critical Incident Reports
Health Information Exchange (HIE)
Ask QM: Limits of Confidentiality and Health Information Exchange
What’s New QM
For the latest updates from the BHRS QM Team, check out our What’s New one pagers.
DHCS Info Notices
For more information about new requirements from The Department of Health Care Services, click the link below to view their Information Notices.
Link to DHCS Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services and Behavioral Health Information Notices
For more information about new requirements from The Board of Behavioral Sciences, click the link below.
Link to Board of Behavioral Sciences Website
BBS Supervisor Resources
- Supervision-Related Regulation Changes for Individuals Pursuing LMFT, LCSW or LPCC Licensure and Supervisors (effective January 1, 2021)
- BBS Supervisor Resource Page
- BBS Supervisor Self-Assessment Form
QM Webinar Training Schedule
QM CalAIM Live Webinar Schedule 2022- 2023
Introduction to CalAIM
The following presentations were developed by CalMHSA to assist
counties in understanding the changes related to CalAIM.
* Information specific to contract providers is coming soon.
Welcome to CalAIM: Then vs. Now
CalMHSA LMS Training Video Information
QM CalAIM Resources
QM Live Webinar Slides and Recordings
- Webinar 1: CalAIM Overview Slides
- Link to Webinar 1: CalAIM Overview Recording
- Webinar 2: Access to Services Slides
- Link to Webinar 2: CalAIM Access to Services Recording
- Webinar 3: Assessment Slides
- Link to Webinar 3: CalAIM Assessment Recording
- Webinar 4: Diagnosis & Problem List Slides
- Link to Webinar 4: CalAIM Diagnosis and Problem List Recording
CalAIM Related Polices
The following policies were developed by CalMHSA and adopted by BHRS to be in compliance with the CalAIM changes.
- Policy 22-01: Criteria for Beneficiary Access to SMHS, Medical Necessity and Other Coverage Requirements
- Policy 22-02: DMC-ODS Requirements for the Period of 2022-2026
- Policy 22-03: No Wrong Door for Mental Health Services
- Policy 22-04: Documentation Requirements for all SMHS, ODS and DMC-ODS
- Policy 23-01: Adult and Youth Screening and Transition of Care Tools
NON-BHRS PROVIDER 5150 TRAINING
This training will NOT open in Internet Explorer 11, you must play this in Chrome or another browser.
Last Updated 08/06/2021: Training Duration: 30 minutes
This training is intended for Mills Hospital, VA, Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health and other contracted non-BHRS providers to complete the San Mateo County 5150 Certification Training.
This is a required training for any contracted clinical or hospital staff requesting 5150 writing privileges. The purpose of this training is to provide a basic orientation to the current laws governing involuntary detention. If you are qualified you will be emailed your 5150 certification card.
- At the end of the training there is an attestation and survey. If you do not completely fill out the attestation and survey you will not be issued a 5150 card.
- Print the test at the end of the training for your records.
- If you are issued a 5150 card from San Mateo County, BHRS Quality Management will email you or your agency representative the card within 7 days of completing the training and survey.
- If you do not receive an emailed 5150 card from San Mateo County BHRS Quality Management, you are not certified to write a hold in San Mateo County.
Please email us with your questions at: HS_BHRS_ASK_QM@smcgov.org
San Mateo County 5150 Certification Training
ABOUT QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Quality Management Description
Quality Improvement Committee
Policy 08-02: Policy Management, Development & Approval Process
QUALITY MANAGEMENT WORKPLANS
Mental Health & SUDS
Quality Improvement Workplans
MH & SUDs Work Plan FY2022-2023
MH & SUDs Work Plan FY2021-2022
MH & SUDs Work Plan FY2020-2021
MH & SUDs Work Plan FY2019-2020
End of Year Review – Quality Improvement Work Plan
MH & SUDs Work Plan Year End Review FY2019-2020
MH & SUDs Work Plan Year End Review FY2020-2021
MH & SUDs Work Plan Year End Review FY2021-2022
QM CONTACT INFORMATION
1950 Alameda de Las Pulgas, Suite 157
San Mateo, CA 94403
Fax: (650) 525-1762
PONY: MLH 327
For general questions: HS_BHRS_ASK_QM@smcgov.org
For submitting forms such as IRs, Change of Provider, Block Chart
Requests, Subpoenas, Records Requests, etc.: HS_BHRS_QM@smcgov.org
For PAVE related support: HS_BHRS_PAVE@smcgov.org
For IRB Submissions or Inquiries: HS_BHRS_IRB@smcgov.org