SMC Park RX
Improve your health and well-being by spending time outdoors. Everyone should have access to nature and outdoor spaces to play and rest.
The San Mateo County Park Rx (Park Prescription) program promotes the use and enjoyment of parks and public lands to benefit your physical and mental health.
San Mateo County Park Rx is part of a national initiative to promote spending time in nature to improve health and well-being.
Time spent in nature benefits your physical health:
- Reduces blood pressure and headaches
- Promotes overall health and well-being
- Promotes faster healing time
- Lowers Stress
And improves your emotional health:
- Increases academic performance and productivity
- Improves mood and behavior
- Reduces mental fatigue, anger, and frustration
Explore the outdoors anytime. Join your community in one of the many open spaces in our area or ask your health care provider for a Park Prescription today.
For more information or to be put on an event reminder list, please contact Gloria Cahuich-Gonzalez (information below)