Skip to main content Skip to site navigation

Report a Problem: Restaurants



San Mateo County Environmental Health Services works to keep your food safe to eat. Food program staff:

  • Inspect food sold in markets, restaurants, schools, mobile catering facilities and special events
  • Educate the public and businesses about proper sanitation and food handling
  • Follow-up on complaints and reports of food-borne illness
  • Provide information on food establishment compliance via the internet
  • Investigate reported violations of the Smoke Free Workplace Law
  • Verify that businesses selling tobacco products have the appropriate permits

To report unsanitary conditions at a market, restaurant, school, mobile catering facility or special event, please fill out the Online Complaint Form or call (650) 599-1112. To report suspected food poisoning, call (650) 372-6200 immediately.