Payroll & Benefits
What is the Provider One-Time Care Economy Payment?
In recognition of the care service provided during the COVID-19 pandemic, the one-time Care Economy Payment of $500 dollars, approved by the State of California, will be sent to eligible IHSS and WPCS providers.
- To receive payment, you must be currently working as an IHSS or WPCS provider and provided services for an IHSS or WPCS recipient for a minimum of two months between March 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- Only one $500 payment will be sent to an eligible provider regardless of the number of recipients they worked for.
- Payment will be sent as Electronic Funds transfer (EFT) to providers who currently use Direct Deposit. All other providers will receive a paper check.
- The payment is reportable as income and is subject to income and payroll taxes and deductions based upon the provider’s IHSS/WPCS tax status on file. This means the check you receive will not be for $500 as your taxes will be deducted from it.
- If you feel you qualify for the payment and haven’t received it, please contact your payroll specialist or call (650) 389-9666.
Where is my W-2?
- W-2s will be mailed starting January 28th. Providers should expect to receive them in the mail through February 28th.
- If you lost your copy or didn’t receive one, the Public Authority can request for a duplicate W-2 to be re-issued to providers starting March 1st. It can take approximately 30 business days to receive your duplicate W-2 in the mail.
- Providers will be able to log into their portal and access a copy of their W-2 for 2021 starting March 5th.