Hosted by The Office of Diversity and Equity
We strive to eliminate stigma, oppression, racism and poverty
The Latino Collaborative promotes holistic practices designed to build safe, strong, resilient families in San Mateo County. We work to increase access to stigma-free services and treatment involving mind, spirit and body to all San Mateo County residents, regardless of insurance eligibility. We believe that services that integrate Latino heritage, culture, spirituality and family values will nurture and strengthen the health of Latino individuals and families.
We want to hear from YOU:
Is there something you want to see on our website? Do you have questions? Please let us know! Click this survey to provide feedback and help us improve our website.
For more information regarding the Latino Collaborative and ways to get involved please contact the chair: Arlette Molina or Adriana Taylor.
The Latino Collaborative is funded by the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
Our Mission and Vision
To give a voice to the Latino community by working together to support mind- body-soul and healthcare practices that are culturally appropriate.
- Create stronger, safer and more resilient families through holistic practices
- Promote a stigma-free environment
- To provide fair access to health and social services, independently of health insurance coverage
- Appreciate and respect traditional practices
- Recognize and incorporate Latino history, culture and language into Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS)
With the support of the Mental Health Services Act, the Latino Collaborative was created in 2008. Since then, members of the Collaborative have been committed to give voice to the Latino Community through creative, innovative and collaborative efforts that promote integrated, culturally congruent holistic health. See the Latino Collaborative Brochure: , for more information.
New Events or Resources
¡Adelante con el Bienestar! was put together by the Latino Collaborative to help answer questions and provide information about mental health for the Latino community. Information includes education on mental illness, local psychological services, trainings, and tips on improving well being. We strive to provide information useful to YOU and the Latino community. Click here to sign up.
The Latino Collaborative meets every 4th Tuesday of the month from 3:30pm to 5pm at:
San Mateo County Health System Offices
2000 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Suite 201 (2nd Floor)
San Mateo, CA 94403
Please contact the LC Co-Chairs for more information to attend special community member meetings.
Latino Collaborative Resources
- to BHRS Leadership (Ziomara Ochoa and Hector Robles Moncada)
- - Presentation to National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
Resources for the Latino Community
Mental Health Resources:
- Stigma and Mental Illness
- What is mental health?
- What is behavioral therapy (better)
- Mental Health Among Latinos
- Stories of mental health
- Introduction to Mental Health Issues
- Mistakes made by mental health professionals
- Mental illness in a foreign land
- Mental health services
- Stigma to treatment
- Community mental health
- Parenting information
- Parenting tips
- Office of Diversity and Equity Parent Project
- Office of Diversity and Equity Health Ambassadors
- Sana Sana - Annual Latino Health Forum
- Drumming Circle with the Spirituality Initiative
- Intergenerational Fishbowl
- Rae Tapia’s Life Celebration with the PRIDE Initiative
- Parent Group
- Latino Round Table
- Latino Family Nights
- Drug Education Night
- Peace Walk