Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Data Collection
For SUD Contracted Treatment Providers
The following materials were shared with providers during a technical assistance online meeting on March 14, 2018. As of March 15, 2018, substance use disorder (SUD) providers are expected to begin SOGI data collection using a paper form (see SOGI form below). On April 1st, 2018, SOGI data collection will officially go live for SUD providers in AVATAR. Please utilize the resources below for implementation in SUD programs.
1. – This is what the questions will look like in AVATAR.
2. - Between March 15 and March 31, 2018, please print and use this as a form to capture SOGI data. Please begin entering SOGI data into AVATAR as of April 1st.
3. - Providers were asked to share about their program staff’s “readiness” to implement SOGI data collection. This is a summary of the results. The information will be used to assess for and plan training and technical assistance to programs.
Resources for Program Staff
- - Online training resource for staff who have not yet attended a SOGI training. THIS DOES NOT REPLACE SOGI training which is required for all staff.
- SOGI Defining Terms
- SOGI Quick Reference Guide and FAQ
- Working with Transgender Clients