Tuberculosis is a reportable disease, as mandated by Title 17 California Code of Regulations (CCR)
Active Tuberculosis Disease
All confirmed or suspected cases of active TB disease must be reported by phone and/or fax within 1 working day to TB Control
Phone: (650) 573-2346
Fax: (650) 573-2919
Do not wait for lab results to confirm the diagnosis prior to reporting
Latent Tuberculosis Infection
Report by fax or mail within 1 week to TB Control
San Mateo County Health
TB Control Program
225 37th Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403
Which cases of LTBI need to be reported?
- All cases of LTBI found through immigration status adjustment (those completing the I-693 form found to have LTBI; see more information in Civil Surgeon Section).
- Recent TST converters (patients with a tuberculin skin test (TST) that converts from negative to positive within 2 years).
- Recent TB blood test converters (patients with a TB blood test that converts from negative to positive within 2 years).
- All children up to 5 years of age who test positive on the tuberculin skin test or TB blood test.
- New cases of LTBI identified as part of a contact investigation.
NOTE: Report to the Public Health Department in the county where the patient lives.