Returning Home After a Wildfire
Many hazards are present after a wildfire. Follow these safety precautions to protect your health and ensure financial eligibility for cleanup assistance.
- Returning Home After a Wildfire: |
- Septic Tanks:
- Do not move or remove ash, debris, or household hazardous waste.
- Moving onto property prior to debris removal will likely render you ineligible for State or Federal cleanup assistance.
- Contact Environmental Health Services for more information at (650) 372-6200 or email@example.com.
- Landslides, Flooding, and Debris Flow Risks: A warning plan to alert residents of potential landslides is being established by the County’s Emergency Operations Center. CalFire’s Watershed Emergency Response Team (WERT) prepared a report identifying risks here.