Request a VSQG Appointment
VSQG Collections are held at our San Mateo facility and are by appointment only. As of January 3, 2018, appointments are on the first and third Wednesday of the month, between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
To request a VSQG appointment:
1. Determine that your business qualifies to use the Program by only generating less than 100 kilograms (about 220 pounds or 27 gallons) of hazardous waste per month.
2. See if your business requires a hazardous waste EPA ID number from the State Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) by reviewing their website and if so, get one.
3. Prepare an inventory list of the wastes you need to dispose of. Please include what the waste is, the container size, and how much you have. Example: Used Paint Thinner, 20 gallons.
4. Request an appointment. Have your Hazardous Waste EPA ID number if required and waste inventory list ready and request an appointment online. You may also call toll free 1-800-207-8222 (ask for San Mateo County Customer Service Representative), email cesqgsanmateo@Stericycle.com, or fax 1-916-351-1707.
5. Receive confirmation of your appointment. Staff will email you a confirmation, including the total costs for disposal, day and time for your appointment with driving directions to the collection location.
6. Bring in your waste at your appointed day and time with payment for the cost. Payment may be made by credit card (Visa, Mastercard), check payable to “San Mateo County”, cash or invoice. We will issue you a receipt for the disposal costs.
Only qualifying small businesses, property managers, and nonprofit organizations within San Mateo County are allowed to participant in the Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG) Program to safely manage their hazardous waste. To qualify, the business must generate less than 220 pounds or 27 gallons of hazardous waste per month which includes but is not limited to corrosives, flammables, toxics, and universal wastes such as fluorescent lights and batteries.