Mental Health Month
Hosted by The Office of Diversity and Equity
Each year, San Mateo County joins our state and country in
celebrating Mental Health Month (MHM) in May.
MHM is one of the best times of the year to increase awareness
and inspire action to reduce stigma against those with mental
health and substance use conditions. Each year we
partner with local agencies and community members to promote
events free and open to the public throughout the
This year’s statewide theme for Mental Health Month is “#Share4MH.” To promote engagement across audiences in California, we are asking Californians to:
- Share how you practice self-care.
- Share how you practice mental wellness.
- Share how you get support for your mental health.
- Share how you overcame stigma.
- Share your journey towards wellness and inspire others to take action.
- Share how you live the Take Action pillars: Check-In, Learn More, and Get Support.
Please promote our flyer with your networks and communities!
Stay tuned for more details on 2023 MHM happenings! If you have
questions or comments in the meantime, please reach out
to the MHM Planning Committee Co-Chairs:
Kristie Lui | She/Her/她 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sylvia Tang | She/Her/她 | email@example.com | 650-578-7165