Body Art Expo Practitioner Information
All Body Art Practitioners must have a valid California Practitioner Registration in order to practice at the event. The registration is valid for one year from date of issue.
If you are a registered practitioner from another jurisdiction in the State of California, the registration will be accepted provided that you meet one of the following requirements:
- You will be required to provide a copy of your Body Art Registration and a Photo ID during the event (expired registration not acceptable).
- OR provide written and signed letterhead documentation from the jurisdiction of registration that verifies that you are registered in the jurisdiction and in good standing. In addition, a Photo ID is required during the event.
If you are a registered practitioner in San Mateo County but lost your registration card you will need to do the following:
- Submit a completed
- Submit the required registration fee as outlined in the Body Art Program fee schedule
New Registrants to the State and San Mateo County
If you are a new registrant you must submit the following documentation:
- Application fee
- San Mateo County Practitioner Registration Application
- 2×2 inch size photo or JPEG “Face Identification” Photo
- A San Mateo County approved Bloodborne Pathogen Training Certification
- Evidence of current Hepatitis B vaccination, or boosters, or Hepatitis B immunity, or a completed Hepatitis B Declination Form
Where to submit the application and information
To obtain or renew a Body Art Practitioner Registration, you are required to submit a completed registration application and attach the information requested. You can download the application forms from this page and submit the application in one of three ways:
- Scan/send to email to email@example.com and type Body Art in the subject field.
- Fax to (650) 627-8244 – no photos please
- Mail to:
Environmental Health Services
Attn: Body Art Program
2000 Alameda de las Pulgas, Ste. 100
San Mateo, CA 94403
Please Note: The cut-off time for processing Practitioner Registration Applications is 2:00 p.m. on the first day of the show.
Health and Safety Requirements
All body art practitioners are expected to understand and implement the California Health and Safety Code Body Art Law standards listed on the document. The requirements listed on the document will be the basis of your compliance inspection at the show.
Application Forms for Body Art Practitioners
*Practitioners from the City and County of San Francisco must provide a valid Body Art Practitioner fee receipt.