FMHI 10th Anniversary Event
Celebrating 10 Years of Bayanihan Spirit
We hope you can join The Filipino Mental Health Initiative as it celebrates its 10th anniversary with a family-friendly event open to the public!
WHEN: Saturday, October 22, 2017
TIME: 11:00am – 3:00pm
WHERE: San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno
In addition to recognizing our pioneers, we will have a variety of activities, including:
- Keynote speaker, Filipino American journalist, Emil Guillermo
- Miss California 2016, Jessa Carmack, as another speaker promoting physical and mental health to youth
- Promotion of healthy living through a vegan Filipino cooking demonstration and tasting
- Panelists affiliated with the Filipino community who have lived experience/been affected by mental health diagnoses, symptoms
- Lots of food!
- An arts and crafts area for kids, where they can also play with emotional support dogs from Peninsula Humane Society
If you are available and would like to volunteer, please let me know. Even if you don’t volunteer, we would love to have you attend and celebrate with us! Registration on Eventbrite is highly encouraged but not required to attend.