13th Annual Housing Heroes Awards Ceremony
Lack of stable housing can make recovery from co-occurring substance abuse and mental health issues an endless struggle. Each year we celebrate the individuals and organizations that help individuals with co-occurring issues find or keep housing in San Mateo County.
Honoring our community partners and colleagues who have
demonstrated exceptional leadership in providing and/or
maintaining housing for individuals in San Mateo County with
mental health and/or co-occurring challenges.
This year’s honorees are:
- Ray Buenaventura, Daly City Councilmember, for his advocacy and development towards a substantial rental subsidy program during COVID-19.
- Jeannie and George Cusing, landlords and property managers
- Rosana Gauna, care home operator, San Mateo
- Matt Jacobsen, landlord and property manager
- Gina Mezzera, case manager, BHRS East Palo Alto Community Counseling Center
Awards Presentation (virtually) will be held 9 AM Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors’ Meeting.
Organized by the San Mateo County Change Agent Housing Committee
Find the October 20 Board of Supervisor meeting on link here.