The Puente Clinic offers mental health services for developmentally disabled clients by bridging resources from San Mateo County Behavioral Health & Recovery Services (BHRS), Golden Gate Regional Center (GGRC) and Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM).
Developmentally disabled clients may be referred to the Puente Clinic by a BHRS clinician or GGRC Case Manager. Clinicians/Case Managers will need to submit via fax or email a completed Puente Clinic on the clients behalf. GGRC referrals require a signed release to share information. Puente staff will respond to the referring clinician if additional information is needed. All GGRC referrals will need a signed release.
One time appointment with a Puente MFT and/or Psychiatrist for consultation.
Care Assist brings all treating staff together to discuss and/or consult on challenging cases.
Comprehensive mental health treatment including medication management. For continuing care, clients need to meet priority criteria. Priorities criteria are:
- Recently returned to the community from Developmental Center from Developmental Center
- Recently returned to the community from locked or delayed egress facility
- At-risk for admission to higher level of care
- Requires in-home services as clinically determined
- Psychiatric Emergency Services contact
- Complex diagnostic issues or polypharmacy