Dental insurance for Medi-Cal members
As of January 1, 2022, Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM) Dental now provides the dental benefits for all San Mateo County members eligible for Medi-Cal (Medi-Cal and CareAdvantage members). That means, as an HPSM Medi-Cal or CareAdvantage member:
- Your dental benefits are managed locally by HPSM
- You only need to call one phone number for information about both your health care and dental care
- You only need one card to use your health and dental benefits
- Download the HPSM Dental Quick Start Guide here:
- For more information about dental coverage, access the full HPSM Member Handbooks here.
For more information, visit HPSM Dental.
Go to HPSM Dental’s provider directory to choose a HPSM Dental provider.
For help finding a HPSM Dental provider, contact HPSM’s Member Services Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm:
Toll free: 1-800-750-4776
TTY: 1-800-735-2929 or dial 7-1-1
HPSM Dental direct line: 650-616-1522
How to prepare for your dental visit. Bring both your HPSM ID card and your Medi-Cal BIC card to your dental appointments.