Training and Technical Assistance
Community Based Partnerships
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) helps San Mateo County residents with employment barriers and disabilities attain their maximum vocational potential through counseling, case management, assessment, and vocational training. VRS is a division of the Human Services Agency of San Mateo County.
Consent to Release Protected Health Information
The below form is used by San Mateo County BHRS, Alcohol and Other Drug Services to gain clients’ consent to release their protected health information, and is in compliance with CFR 42 and HIPPA. Agencies outside of BHRS AOD should not use this same form, as each agency should develop their own consent form that complies with CFR 42 and HIPPA. However, this form may be used for informational purposes only.
Women’s Services Network
Avatar is a complete electronic health record for clients, and replaces the existing billing and clinical applications, including DAISY. For more information, visit the Avatar page.
Co-Occurring Disorders: AC-OK Screening Tools
Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Funded Services
NIATx Resource Documents
NIATx is an easy to use model of process improvement designed specifically for behavioral health.
Health Coverage and Other Benefits
MCE Program Resource Documents – All MCE will transition to Medi-Cal effective 1/1/2014.
- MCE Program Brochure –
- MCE Program Enrollment Form –
- San Mateo Medical Center Financial Assistance Programs –
Additional Web Resources:
- California Code of Regulations - (CCR)
- California Department of Finance - State Budget Information
- Health & Safety Code
- California Department of Health Care Services - (DHCS)
- National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices - (NREPP)
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration - (SAMHSA)
- SAMHSA Co-Occurring Center for Excellence - (COCE)
- Code of Federal Regulations - (CFR)
- SDFSC No Child Left Behind Act - (20 USC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - (CMS)