Behavioral Health Staff: Specialty Mental Health Providers
San Mateo County has a longstanding commitment to collaborating with community partners, individual mental health professionals, and counties to provide mental health services that enhance and support the lives of our residents. It is our goal to support our residents through services that are flexible, responsive, and professional. We believe in offering choices to our residents as they make their journey towards wellness.
Behavioral Health and Recovery Services’ Specialty Mental Health Private Provider Network (SPPN) is comprised of mental health professionals of varying disciplines and specialties.
SPPN Required Trainings
If you are new to LMS, please register here first.
New BHRS Contractor Compliance Bundle, which includes the following four trainings:
- Confidentiality and HIPAA for Mental Health and AOD
- Compliance Training for BHRS
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- Critical Incident Reporting
In addition to the above, the following trainings may also be required:
- Cultural Humility (one-time requirement)
- Sexual Orientation Gender Identity (SOGI) Training (one-time requirement)
- Working Effectively with Interpreters (if using interpretation services)
Clinical Documentation Training 2019
If you have a passion for working with the Specialty Mental Health population and would like to learn more about joining our network, please contact Provider Relations at the information below:
Laura Jacobo Smith, LMFT, Provider Relations Coordinator
- Licensed in California in one of the following: Ph.D., Psy.D., LMFT, LCSW, or LPCC
- MediCal enrollment; required for all providers serving the MediCal population in California. Providers interested in contracting with BHRS must be enrolled or have started the process of enrollment.
- Ability to see clients face to face if requested
- Office located within the surrounding counties
- Minimum of five openings for new referrals to start