Coastal Cleanup Day
Coastal Cleanup Day is an annual waterway and land cleanup held on the third Saturday of every September. It’s California’s largest volunteer event and brings community awareness to cleaning up our streets and protecting our marine environment.
San Mateo County Environmental Health Services coordinates the event in partnership with the California Coastal Commission, the Ocean Conservancy, and many Statewide and local partners (see below).
The next event is scheduled for Saturday, September 19th, 2020. Sign up for a reminder email!
NEW! 2019 Coastal Cleanup Day Results
- 5,245 volunteers participated in the event.
- 35,111 lbs of trash and recyclables were picked up.
- 106 miles of San Mateo County was canvased by volunteers looking for litter.
- For more information on Statewide results, click here.
Thank you to everyone who came out and participated in Coastal Cleanup Day 2019 to help protect our bay and ocean from litter pollution. The State is a much cleaner and healthier place today because of all your work.
Thank You to Our 2019 Statewide and Local Partners!
California Coastal Commission
- California Department of Boating & Waterways
- California State Parks
- City of Belmont
- City of Brisbane
- City of Burlingame
- City of East Palo Alto
- City of Foster City
- City of Menlo Park
- City of Millbrae
- City of Redwood City
- City of San Mateo
- City of South San Francisco
- Coastside Land Trust
- Community Printers
- Crystal Geyser
- Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park
- Friends of Fitzgerald Marine Reserve
- Grassroots Ecology
- Half Moon Bay Rotary Club (NEW! 2018 site)
- Marina Lagoon Action Committee
- Marine Science Institute
- Matt Beard Art
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Ocean Conservancy
- Orchard Supply Hardware
- Pacifica Beach Coalition
- Redwood City Pride and Beautification Committee
- Redwood High School
- Rubio’s Coastal Grill
- San Bruno Beautification Task Force
- San Gregorio Environmental Resource Center
- San Mateo County Department of Parks
- San Mateo County Department of Public Works
- San Mateo County Harbor District
- San Mateo County Office of Sustainability
- Save Our Shores
- Sequoia Yacht Club
- Sports Basement
- St. Mathew’s Catholic School
- Surfrider Foundation
- TLC Locals
- Union Bank
- The Club at Westpoint