Substance Use Services & Resources
For assistance in finding mental health and/or substance use services for someone who may be experiencing a mental illness and/or substance use condition, or for someone you are concerned about, call the Behavioral Health and Recovery Services ACCESS Call Center for information, an assessment and a referral based on individual needs.
ACCESS Call Center: Phone: (800) 686-0101, TDD: (800) 943-2833
Privately insured? Contact your carrier to learn about coverage options and services available to you through your health insurance plan.
- Alcohol and Other Drug Services Directory: Expanded directory of AOD providers, support and consultation services.
- Alcohol and Other Drug Services Provider Directory: One-page quick glance chart of AOD providers and available services with contact information.
- Women’s Services Network: Detailed directory of available AOD prevention and treatment programs and services, service locations, and contact information.
- Glossary of Service Modalities: Description of the different types of available alcohol and other drug service modalities.
- For information on our Integrated Medication Assisted Treatment (IMAT) program, see the .
- For additional substance use and/or mental health services providers and resources in San Mateo County, visit the Network of Care website.
- Voices of Recovery offers peer-to-peer substance use recovery guidance and supports personal, family and community recovery.
- BHRS Office of Consumer and Family Affairs provides information, education and support for consumers/clients and family members dealing with mental health and/or substance use challenges.