Vaccine Clinic Calendar
New booster shots are available with or without advance appointments on MyTurn, though appointments are recommended.
Residents can continue to schedule vaccination appointments at local pharmacies such as CVS, Safeway, Albertsons, Walgreens, and/or through primary care providers, such as Kaiser, Sutter Health, Dignity Health, Stanford Medicine, San Mateo Medical Center, etc.
For real-time information on the availability of vaccines and how to schedule an appointment by location, visit vaccines.gov.
Eligibility for Updated Boosters
- Moderna Bivalent Booster is authorized and recommended for those 6 years and older.
- Pfizer Bivalent Booster is authorized and recommended for those 5 years and older.
- People cannot get a bivalent booster without first completing at least a primary series.
- The bivalent booster recommendation replaces previous booster recommendations.
- Novavax Monovalent Booster is authorized and recommended for those 18 years and older.
- Boosters should be administered at least 2 months after completion of the primary series or the most recent booster dose of the original COVID-19 vaccine.
- See the California Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Timing chart.
County Pop-Up Clinics
County Health offers intentional and focused vaccine clinics to further close the gaps in vaccine reach for the communities most impacted by COVID. In the coming weeks, we will offer rotating equity-based pop-up vaccine clinics in partnership with community organizations and schools that serve areas where our most underserved residents reside, specifically targeting Latinx, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Black/African American, and Coastal/Farmworker communities.
To stay up-to-date on County Health’s pop-up clinics, please see the calendar below or go to MyTurn to schedule appointments. These clinics will continue to accept residents without appointments.
Interested in Bringing a Pop-Up Vaccine Clinic to Your Site?
See the criteria below and complete this form to partner with San Mateo County Health to bring a COVID-19 vaccination clinic to your neighborhood or event.
Criteria for Pop Up Clinics:
- Intentionally serve Latinx, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Black/African American, and/or Coastal/Farmworker communities
- Once the clinic event is approved, schedule appointments for at least 25 individuals
- Vaccination appointments can be made on MyTurn
- Request at least 3 weeks in advance
- Develop an outreach plan to promote the clinic event
- Clinic event will be open to the public
Congregate Facility Vaccination Clinics
By request, County Health offers COVID-19 and flu vaccination clinics at congregate care facilities, including skilled nursing facilities, shelters, and residential facilities for the elderly. Please use this form to request a vaccine clinic at a congregate facility.
In-Home COVID-19 Vaccinations and Boosters
In-home COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters are available to residents unable to leave home due to age, disability, or medical reason. Call Aging & Adult Services (AAS) at (844) 868-0938 to request an in-home vaccination appointment. Learn more about Aging and Adult Services.