Technical Assistance Activities
Staff Development/Presentation: STD/HIV Program personnel have developed and will conduct an onsite interactive presentation designed to enhance understanding of routine HIV testing in healthcare settings. The presentation provides the following:
- An overview of the CDC’s Recommendations for Routine HIV Testing in Healthcare Settings
- Information and techniques to integrate HIV testing into a primary care visit
- Review of how to disclose HIV test results to patients
- Resources and information for linkage and referral to HIV care as well as support services for HIV diagnosed patients
Technical Assistance: the goal of technical assistance is to build capacity of healthcare sites to effectively link HIV-positive patients to a continuum of care and services.
STD/HIV Program staff is available to conduct the following services onsite at healthcare sites:
- Disclosure to HIV-positive patients
- Linkage to and retention in HIV primary care
- HIV prevention counseling and support
- Partner counseling, testing, and referral services
For information about technical assistance services and/or to request a presentation or other assistance, contact Darryl Lampkin.