Commission on Disabilities
The Commission on Disabilities works to promote the independence and full participation of people with disabilities in San Mateo County.
Our vision is to provide leadership in creating effective solutions to meeting the needs and broaden our role as a resource to the community.
- Advise the Board of Supervisors on disabilities-related issues
- Educate San Mateo County on the needs of people with disabilities
- Create opportunities for people with disabilities
- Coordinate resources for people with disabilities
- Advocate for people with disabilities on systems issues
- Highlight the accomplishments of people with disabilities
General Meeting: Every 4th Thursday of the month, except for August & December
Executive Committee: Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, except for August & December
Legislation, Advocacy & Outreach Committee: Every 2nd Monday of the month, except for August & December
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Committee: Every 1st Thursday of the month, except for August & December
Special Events: Every 4th Monday of the month, except for August & December
Youth & Family Committee: Every 3rd Tuesday of the month, except for August & December
The Commission invites the public to all meetings
President: Charles Weidanz
Vice-President: Robert Hall
Secretary: Angela Piazza
Interested in becoming a commissioner? For more information, please see our flyer in or or apply online. We are currently accepting applications!
Board of Supervisors Presentations
Agendas & Minutes