Youth Mental Health First Aid
Get certified in Mental Health First Aid
FREE Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
Register Early Class limit is 30 people
Thursday, October 26, 2017
8:00AM – 4:30PM
San Mateo County Office of Education
101 Twin Dolphin Dr.
Redwood City, CA 94065
Questions: Contact Tammie Sera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here by October 19th, 2017.
In just one day, learn how you can help someone in distress and get the tools to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders.
You will learn about the:
- Risk factors for youth ages 12-24
- Signs and symptoms of common mental health and substance use conditions
- Best practices for talking about mental health and addictions with youth
- 5-step action plan to respond to crises
- Local resources and where to turn for help