Health Equity Now! 2019 Conference
Health Equity Now! How Race, Place and Health Connects in San Mateo County conference was held on April 22nd, 2019. The conference aimed to build awareness of the social and structural determinants of health and health equity in San Mateo County. Over 100 county staff, community based organization and community organizers came together to learn about local health equity issues impacting communities and challenges in addressing health inequities.
Missed the conference? Check out the resources, slide decks, and handouts shared during the conference. We’ve also included a list of how to get informed, involved and take action to advance health equity in San Mateo County.
Questions? Concerns? Please reach out to conference organizers:
- Gregg Zaire email@example.com, Redwood City 2020 and Sequoia Union High School District
- Kathy Reyes firstname.lastname@example.org, Behavioral Health & Recovery Services, Community Health Promotion Unit
- Heather Arata email@example.com, Health Policy and Planning, Get Healthy San Mateo County
- Frances Lobos firstname.lastname@example.org, Office of Diversity and Equity, Behavioral Health & Recovery Services
- Keynote speaker: Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative
- Educational sessions: Education, Employment, and Income
- Educational sessions: Criminal Justice, Civic and Social Engagement
- Educational sessions: Transportation and Mobility
- Resources: Continued reading, local coalitions and organizations