COVID-19 Requirements & Resources
8/3/2021 UPDATE: Face Coverings Required as of August 3
6/15/21 UPDATE: California and San Mateo County Reopen June 15
Una copia de esta carta estara disponible dentro de 3 dias y sera publicada en este sitio.
Ang kopya ng liham na ito ay magagamit sa Tagalog at mai-post sa website sa loob ng 3 araw ng negosyo
Effective June 15, 2021, at 12:01 a.m., California fully reopens the economy and the State is moving beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy. San Mateo County fully aligns with all State COVID-19 health and safety guidelines and has no plans to impose separate guidance.
CHANGES YOU NEED TO KNOW
Capacity and Social Distancing – There are no longer capacity or social distancing requirements for most businesses and public settings.
Masks – Fully vaccinated people may stop wearing masks indoors and outdoors with the following exceptions:
- On public transit (buses, ride-shares, taxis, airplanes, trains, ferries).
- Indoors in K-12 schools, child care, and other youth settings.
- Health care settings and long-term care facilities.
- Correctional facilities and detention centers.
- Homeless shelters, emergency shelters, and cooling centers.
- Businesses, public agencies, and other organizations may still require masks for both employees and the public. Employers are subject to the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) or in some workplaces, the Cal/OSHA Aerosol Transmissible Diseases (ATD) Standard. Employers should consult these regulations for additional applicable requirements.
- Defined as large crowds greater than 5,000 attendees (indoors) and 10,000 attendees (outdoors).
- Vaccine verification/negative testing
- Required for indoor mega events.
- Recommended for outdoor mega events.
- Requirements and recommendations for vaccine verification/negative testing will be effective June 15, 2021, through October 1, 2021.
- Attendees must follow CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings.
For more information on San Mateo County and the State reopening, please read the County’s June 14, 2021 press release.
6/3/2021: Free Personal Protective Equipment for Small Businesses and Non-Profits
ADDITIONAL RESOURCE LINKS:
- CalOSHA and Statewide Industry Guidance on COVID-19
- Board of Barbering and Cosmetology’s website
- For additional resources please visit the various Environmental Health Services Program pages:
Office Hours & Services
The office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*On-site, in-person consultations are not being scheduled at this time.
Monday – Friday | 8:00 AM to 5 PM