Vaccination Request Form
San Mateo County residents who meet eligibility guidelines for higher risk for monkeypox (MPX) may sign up to be notified about upcoming vaccination opportunities, including weekly clinics offered by County Health.
With increased supplies of the JYNNEOS vaccine for MPX, County Health has expanded the eligibility criteria to include individuals who may be close contacts of those at higher risk for MPX, as well as workers who may face risk of exposure.
Since the communities are in close proximity, San Mateo County Health is following eligibility guidelines from the San Francisco Department of Public Health to avoid confusion and make it easier for residents to access the vaccine.
Vaccination Request Form
Use the MyTurn website to schedule a MPX vaccine appointment for eligible individuals. If you meet the eligibility guidelines listed below but are unable to schedule an appointment on the MyTurn website, click here to answer questions and sign up to be notified about MPX vaccination opportunities when they become available.
The following risk criteria are being used to prioritize eligibility:
- Gay or bisexual men, or any man or trans person who has sex with men or trans people
- Sex workers of any sexual orientation or gender identity
- Persons who have had close contact within the past 14 days with someone with suspected or confirmed MPX
- Persons who had close contact with others at a venue or event or within a social group in the past 14 days where a suspected or confirmed MPX case was identified. This includes persons who received notice from a venue or event of a potential exposure within the past 14 days
- Laboratory workers who routinely perform MPX virus testing
- Clinicians who have had a high-risk occupational exposure (e.g., examined MPX lesions or collected MPX specimens without using recommended personal protective equipment)
If you have questions, please send an email to SMCHealth_IZ@smcgov.org.
Additional Vaccination Opportunities
*Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco is hosting a monkeypox vaccination clinic on 10/9. Appointments will be scheduled every ten minutes from 9:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. and from 2:00 pm to 4:30 p.m. Please call 650-742-3010 to make an appointment. Members and non-members are welcome.*
The following locations have supplies of JYNNEOS vaccine by appointment only:
- Adult Immunization and Travel Clinic (AITC) patients: please make an online appointment at www.TravelClinicSF.org
- SF City Clinic: call 628-217-6600
- Strut patients: call 628-212-8038
- Kaiser Permanente patients: call 415-833-9999
- SF Health Network patients: call your provider or health center directly
- UCSF patients and non-patients: call 415-502-3566
- Sutter Health/PAMF patients: call 833-437-1830