Healthy Families San Mateo County
Healthy Families of San Mateo County is a free and voluntary home visiting program offering support to families who are pregnant or parenting newborns. Visits occur where you are most comfortable either at your home, in any other open space (park, library etc..) or virtually through secure video.
During home visits, your family’s values, strengths, and beliefs are promoted and honored to support your children develop skills to succeed. Trained Public Health Nurses or Senior Community Workers partner with your family to:
- build strong family foundations through nurturing parent-child relationships prenatally and as your baby grows
- help support you in promoting healthy child growth and development both prenatally and after your baby is born through interactive play and activities using parenting education
- use developmental screens as your child grows
- develop and work towards your goals related to what is most important to you whether it be parenting, school, work, or something else
- keep your home healthy and safe for your family with safety lists and information
- provide information about helpful community resources based on your family’s wants and needs
Healthy Families San Mateo County is affiliated with Health Families America® (https://www.healthyfamiliesamerica.org) who, for over 30 years, have used evidence based (or research-based) information to support families to
- Strengthen Parent Child Relationships
- Promote Healthy Child Development
- Enhance Family Well-being
Services are always provided in your preferred language.
Who is Eligible
Families who are pregnant, Medi-Cal eligible, and live in San Mateo County.
Once enrolled, Healthy Families San Mateo is available to you and your family until graduation from the program which can be expected around your child’s third birthday.
How to Apply
Contact Family Health Services at (888) 840-0889.
All services are free of cost.