Be Sensitive, Be Brave
Cultural Responsive Workshops for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
The Be Sensitive, Be Brave infuses culture and diversity throughout these two free foundational workshops on Mental Health and Suicide Prevention for community members.
Be Sensitive, Be Brave – For Mental Health
The mental health workshop prepares community members to help friends and loved ones during times of distress. Learn how to recognize mental health conditions, what to do when someone needs support, and tools for maintaining good mental health.
Learn how to:
- Identify if someone is in mental distress
- Practice being sensitive and brave in helping others
- Increase awareness of mental health resources
- Build resilience using a recipe for mental health
- Build cultural sensitivity around mental health
- Respond to community needs and decrease stigma
Be Sensitive, Be Brave – For Suicide Prevention
The suicide prevention workshop teaches community members to act as eyes and ears for suicidal distress and to connect individuals to help.
Learn how to:
- Identify signs of suicide
- Ask if someone is considering suicide sensitively and confidently
- Connect individuals with the appropriate support
- Approach suicide prevention in a culturally sensitive manner
- 2-hour workshop (virtual or in-person)
- Approximately 15-40 participants
- Presentation with interactive breakout groups
- Available in English (to be offered in additional languages)
Who Should Attend?
All community members who are high school-age and above, including those who are not mental health or suicide prevention professionals.
To Sign Up or Host a Training
Contact Sylvia Tang, She/Her