Applying to Our Program
The Psychiatry Residency Training Program will be accepting applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Program Code is 1010400C0.
Please submit materials through ERAS prior to October 4, 2021. Any new applications received after this date will not be reviewed. We encourage you to submit applications at the earliest possible date as the interview openings fill up very quickly.
The Residency Selection Committee hopes to complete application reviews and to inform you of your application’s status by early November. Interview days are Tuesday and Friday from late October through January. If you receive an invitation to interview, please contact us within 48 hours to arrange an interview date. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all residency interviews will be conducted virtually via video conference for the 2022 Residency Match. If you receive an invitation to join our waitlist, please contact us to confirm within 3-5 days. As interview slots become available through cancellations, we will send invitations to candidates on the waitlist.
Your application will be considered complete when the following documents are received:
- Your application and personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one (but preferably two) of which must be from a psychiatrist who has observed your work with patients.
- Your medical school transcript
- Your official USMLE transcript: Passing scores on the USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and Step 2 CK are required prior to placement on the San Mateo County Psychiatry Residency Program Rank Order List.
- Your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- If you are currently or have previously been in a residency program, we also require a letter of reference from your program director
International Medical Graduates
If you are an International Medical Graduate, please also submit copies of the following:
- Your valid ECFMG certificate
We will not review your application without this document. We do not sponsor any Visas. U.S. Clinical experience is highly desirable, along with a letter of recommendation from the supervisor of this experience.