Becoming Visible -Using Cultural Humility in Asking Sexual Orientation Gender Identity (SOGI) Questions
Course Description: One of San Mateo County BHRSs strategic initiatives is to reduce healthcare disparities in the LGBTQ+ populations. In order to achieve this goal, we will start collecting data on sexual orientation and gender identity of all our patients/clients. This will require extensive staff training in LGBTQ+ health and psychosocial issues faced by LGBTQ+ populations
After this training, participants will be able to:
- 1) Describe the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity.
- 2) List two examples of why collecting SOGI data is important.
- 3) Demonstrate three examples of using respectful gender neutral communication with clients.
Target Audience: BHRS Staff and Providers
- County Staff, please register through your LMS account
- Contractor providers, please register through Eventbrite
DUE TO THE LIMITED AVAILABILITY OF THIS TRAINING: THERE IS ONLY 1 REGISTRATION PER PERSON. EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON MUST REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY. THERE IS NO ONSITE REGISTRATION ON THE DAY OF THE TRAINING. THIS TRAINING IS NOT FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC.