In order to complete your application for a clinical rotation, you will need to satisfy a number of health requirements. Please read the health requirements below and download and complete the documents. (See Frequently Asked Questions below.)
Once you have all of the required documentation ready to transfer, click here to complete the application and upload your completed documents.
San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC) is committed to the health and well-being of its staff and patients. As part of that commitment, we ask that you provide us with the following information prior to your rotation at SMMC. If you have had medical clearance through Kaiser Occupational Health you do not need to submit these documents.
Tuberculosis Clearance (TB)
- Please fill out the AND submit documentation of your most recent TB testing. Testing must have been done within the last year. We accept either PPD skin test or Quantiferon blood test.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella
- Please submit proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella. Immunity must be demonstrated by serological evidence (titers) or documentation of two vaccinations.
- If titers are below a level indicating immunity, you must receive a boosting dose of vaccine and provide documentation of vaccination.
- Please submit proof of immunity; if titers are below a level indicating immunity, it is recommended that you receive a boosting dose of vaccine; however you have the right to decline.
Influenza (required October-June)
- SMMC provides the vaccine free of charge during flu season. If you choose not to be vaccinated, you must complete the and wear a surgical mask in any patient care area for the entire flu season (October-June) per policy. If you received vaccination elsewhere you must provide .
Stanford Medical Release Form
Please contact Michele Medrano at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650)-573-3409 with any questions.
Please submit all completed forms via this link.
If you have any questions about the online application, please contact Uma Maharaj at email@example.com or (650) 578-7196.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Who can apply to do a clinical rotation at SMMC?
A: Students and residents who are studying at institutions with which we have affiliation agreements.
Q: Do I need to identify my own preceptor?
A: You or your clinical rotation coordinator should identify a preceptor prior to filling out the application.
Q: Can I come to SMMC to shadow a clinician?
A: No, we do not offer any programs for shadowing. We only provide formal clinical rotations.