Report a Problem: Housing
To file a complaint about:
- Leaking roofs
- Faulty plumbing
- Inadequate heating
- Substandard electrical problems
- Pests (including rodents and cockroaches)
In these places:
- Rental properties (apartment buildings of 4 units or more)
- Hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts
- Mobile home parks (within unincorporated San Mateo County)
- Organized camps
- Employee housing
- Detention facilities
Call (650) 599-1122 or use the Online Complaint Form. Environmental Health can only respond to complaints made about the above places.
If you reside within the City of San Mateo or the City of San Carlos, contact your local Code Enforcement Dept. directly for more information on registering a complaint.
- City of San Mateo Code Enforcement: (650) 522-7150
- City of San Carlos Code Enforcement: (650) 802-4100
Complaints concerning Housing Authority, HUD, or Section 8 should be directed to the San Mateo County Dept. of Housing at 650-802-3300.
If you’d like to file a complaint about a townhome or condominium, contact the owner, HOA, or obtain legal advice.