Our nurses are part of a collaborative healthcare team dedicated to providing excellent care to our patients. At San MateoMedical Center you’ll find a supportive environment and opportunities to grow in your profession through training and education, including in-house Continuing Education units. Read about our nurses who were recognized by their peers during Nurses Week below.
Since we are a department of San Mateo County, all staff nurses are hired through a civil service process. Permanent County employees are offered an outstanding benefits package. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 363-4343 or visit www.smcgov.org/hr.
We have eight “classifications” for Registered Nurses that are equivalent to a “Staff Nurse”:
- Ambulatory Care Nurse (Outpatient Clinics)
- Correctional Health Nurse
- Critical Care Nurse (Intensive Care Unit & Emergency Department)
- Infusion Nurse
- Long-Term Care Nurse
- Medical-Surgical Nurse
- Perioperative Nurse (Operating Room, Post-AnesthesiaCare Unit & Short Stay Unit)
- Psychiatric Nurse (Acute Inpatient Care & Psychiatric Emergency Services)
We also offer excellent opportunities for highly experienced nurses, nurse managers, and nurses with additional certification. These classifications include:
- Charge Nurse
- Clinical Nurse
- Community Mental Health Nurse
- Public Health Nurse
- Senior Public Health Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Services Manager I/II – Nursing
San Mateo Medical Center does not have a trainee program specifically for new graduates. Anyone can apply for current openings.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 363-4343 or visit www.smcgov.org/hr.