Skip to main content Skip to site navigation

Food Businesses: Forms & Information


Forms and Information

Please see below for forms and information related to new business/change of ownership, temporary events, mobile food facilities, farmers’ market vendors, cottage food operations and other common forms.

Food Health Permits are getting a new look

The new permits will now expire one year after they’re issued—so you don’t have to search for a permit that was issued decades ago. Starting July 1, 2016, San Mateo County Environmental Health Services will be sending you a new invoice for your annual permit to operate. Please pay promptly and we will send you the permit that is required to keep your business open. Call (650) 372-6200 for more information.

For more information about the Repeat Major Violation Program or the Retail Food Inspection Program, please call Environmental Health at (650) 372-6200. Inspection information is public information. Please call for an appointment to review the file on a food facility that you may be interested in or to talk with the inspector for that area.

General Forms and Information Packets

New Food Business or Change of Ownership
Plan Check Application

Tobacco Sales Permit Application
Food Safety Checklist
Bed & Breakfast Food Facility Guidelines

Temporary Event Forms

Vendor (Food/Bev Booth) Application
Coordinator Application
Temporary Event Guidelines
Chapter 11 - Temporary Food Facilities
Chapter 10.5 - Nonprofit Charitable Temporary Food Facilities
Temporary Event Food Safety Quiz
Warm Water and Hand Wash Station Requirements

Mobile Food Facilities

2016 Mobile Food Facility Renewal Forms
2016 Formularios para la Renovacion del Permiso de Instalaciones Ambulantes de Alimentos
Mobile Food Facility Coordinator Application
Mobile Food Permit Application Packet
Solicitud de Permiso de Instalacion Ambulante de Alimentos
Mobile Food Facility Checklist - English
Mobile Food Facility Checklist - Spanish
Vehicle Substitution Form

Commissary Resource List
CalCode - Mobile Food
Non-Operational Form

Certified Farmers’ Markets

Certified Farmers' Market Non-Ag Vendor App
Certified Farmers' Market Guidelines

Cottage Food Operations

Cottage Food Operation Application
Approved Cottage Food List
Cottage Food Operator Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions (CDPH)
California Department of Public Health Cottage Food Website

Laws and Regulations

California Retail Food Code (Cal Code)
Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law
Trans Fat Ban Law Letter to Food Service Operators
Trans Fat Brochure

Polystyrene Foodware Ban Information

Polystyrene Foodware Ordinance Fact Sheet - English
Polystyrene Foodware Ordinance Fact Sheet - Spanish
Polystyrene Foodware Ordinance Fact Sheet - Chinese