Skilled Nursing Care (1A)
Updated November 2022
Please note that visiting rules are subject to change as needed. Please check back frequently for updates. Your can read the California Health Officer’s Order here.
SUGGESTED VISITING HOURS:
Monday – Friday: 10AM to 8PM
Saturday – Sunday: 10AM to 4PM
Scheduling your visit in advance helps our staff be prepared and available to help when you arrive. If you would like to schedule your visit or speak to a patient, please call (650) 573-3678.
Who Can Visit
- A maximum of two (2) visitors per patient is suggested to visit at one time. Exceptions must be approved by nursing in advance to find a safe space for the visit.
- Children can visit if they are able to follow all infection control and safety policies, including staying with their parents/guardians at all times and by wearing a mask if older than 2 years of age.
If you have COVID-19, have a cold or flu symptoms,
or have been around someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or
flu in the past 10 days, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT. We are happy
to arrange a phone or video visit for you.
When You Enter the Hospital
- Everyone 2 years and older must wear a well-fitted mask covering their mouth and nose at all times while inside the buildings. Masks must be surgical grade or higher (not cloth) and will be provided to you if needed.
- Clean your hands with provided hand rub before entering your loved one’s room.
- Go through safety screening either by reading the signs or
following the directions of staff.
When You Enter the Skilled Nursing Unit (1A)
- Clean your hands with provided hand rub before entering the unit.
- You are strongly recommended to take an antigen test prior to
entering the unit. We will help with the instructions, but
you will do your own test. If you don’t have an antigen test kit,
we will be able to provide one for you to use before entering.
- If your antigen test is negative, you can visit.
- If your antigen test is positive, you cannot visit on the unit to keep your loved one and others safe. We will help arrange a phone or video visit instead.
- Sign in on the visitation log (print name, phone number, and
time of visit, including the time you leave)
While You’re Visiting
- Keep your mask on at all times.
- Staff will check frequently to make sure infection control
and safety policies are followed during your visit.
While You Leave
- Sign out on the visitation log, wash hands again with hand
rub (or soap and water if they are visibly soiled.)
Patients Under Quarantine or In Isolation
- If the patient you are visiting is in quarantine or isolation, you must wear the personal protective equipment (PPE) we provide.
- We will explain the exposure risks and show you how to put
on the PPE, and how to take it off safely when your visit is
over. It is very important to follow the instructions closely to
- Staff will clean and disinfect the visitation area after each visit.
- Visitors who do not follow the visitation rules will be asked
to leave and/or may not be allowed to visit.
Visiting Rules SNF 1A, November 2022
Visitor rules for other areas of the hospital and clinics.
SKILLED NURSING SERVICES
We offer specialized care and support so our patients can be independent and safe. Our skilled nursing unit offers the following services:
- Skilled nursing care
- Medical care
- Recreation therapy
- Social services
- Laundry services
San Mateo Medical Center also oversees the operation of Burlingame Long Term Care.