Skilled Nursing Care
SNF 1A Visiting
(updated July 2021)
Please note that visiting rules and hours are subject to change.
Appointments for visits are required, and must be
scheduled 24 hours in advance. All visits will be supervised and
limited to 30 minutes at this time.
To schedule a visit: Call (650) 573-3613 or (650) 573-3678
Visiting hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 1:45 PM to 4:30 PM
PATIENTS WITH COVID-19
- If patient is being treated for COVID-19: visit must be virtual (through Zoom or phone).
- If compassionate care situation: in-person visits are allowed but all transmission-based precautions must be followed.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and close contact with COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to entering the hospital AND once they arrive in the unit.
- Visitors must wear a procedure mask at all times (and any other additional PPE that may be required) and perform hand hygiene (use alcohol-based hand rub or disinfecting wipes) before entering hospital AND visitation area.
- Once checked-in at the hospital entrance, you will be directed to the nursing unit—please do not walk around the hospital or unit.
WHILE YOU’RE VISITING
- Two (2) visitors per resident at a time is allowed, and visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- If the patient and their visitors are fully vaccinated, masks and social distancing will not be required during the visit.
- The visitation log will be reviewed regularly to ensure that all residents get a chance to be visited by their family or responsible party.
- Cleaning AND disinfecting of the visitation area will be done by San Mateo Medical Center staff after each visit.
- Visitors who do not follow the Visitation Rules will be asked to leave and/or may not be permitted to visit.
All other visiting rules and information can be found HERE.
We offer specialized care and support so our patients can be independent and safe. Our skilled nursing unit offers the following services:
- Skilled nursing care
- Medical care
- Recreation therapy
- Social services
- Laundry services
San Mateo Medical Center also oversees the operation of Burlingame Long Term Care.