Skilled Nursing Care
SNF 1A Visiting (updated March 2021)
Please note that visiting rules and hours are subject to change.
Appointments for visits are required, and must be
scheduled 24 hours in advance. All visits will be supervised and
limited to 20 minutes at this time. Visits will be
held in the 1A patio. Facility will arrange for indoor visitation
only if outdoor patio is not available.
To schedule a visit: Call (650) 573-3613 or (650) 573-3678
Visiting hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays 2 PM to 4 PM
PATIENTS WITH COVID-19:
- If patient is being treated for COVID-19: visit must be virtual (through Zoom or phone).
- If compassionate care situation: in-person visits are allowed but all transmission-based precautions must be followed.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and close contact with COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to entering the hospital AND once they arrive in the designated visitation area–1A patio.
- Visitors must wear a procedure mask at all times (and any other additional PPE that may be required) and perform hand hygiene (use alcohol-based hand rub or disinfecting wipes) before entering hospital AND visitation area.
- Once checked-in at the hospital entrance, you must go directly to the designated visitation area—please do not walk around the hospital or unit.
WHILE YOU’RE VISITING
- Two (2) visitors per resident at a time is allowed, and visits will be limited to 20 minutes. Hospital staff will be present at all times.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet from any other individual must be maintained.
- Limited physical contact is subject to additional requirements.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit at this time.
- The visitation log will be reviewed regularly to ensure that all residents get a chance to be visited by their family or responsible party.
- Cleaning AND disinfecting of the visitation area will be done by San Mateo Medical Center staff after each visit.
- Visitors who do not follow the Visitation Rules will be asked to leave and/or may not be permitted to visit.
Read the recent order from the San Mateo County Health Officer.
We offer specialized care and support so our patients can be independent and safe. Our skilled nursing unit offers the following services:
- Skilled nursing care
- Medical care
- Recreation therapy
- Social services
- Laundry services
San Mateo Medical Center also oversees the operation of Burlingame Long Term Care.