We care about your privacy and want to provide your records to you or your new doctor in a safe, private way.
Information and Assistance
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
To Submit a Form to the Medical Records Department
Drop Off In Person (NEW
LOCATION): During construction, the Medical Records
team is located in a temporary trailer on 37th Avenue near
the entrance to the West Parking Lot.
Fax: (650) 573-3772
San Mateo Medical Center
Attn: Medical Records
222 W 39th Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403
Requesting Your Medical Records
To get a copy of your medical records please complete an Authorization for Release of Patient Information form (linked below). Mail your completed form and processing fee to the address listed above.
Fees must be paid by check or money order made payable to
San Mateo Medical Center.
- Requested by patient – up to 10 pages: $5
- Requested by patient – more than 10 pages: $0.25 per page
- Vaccine (immunization) records: No charge
- Requested by doctor: No charge (will be sent directly to doctor)
Accessing Your Digital Vaccine Record (DVR)
Your Digital Vaccine Record (DVR) is an electronic vaccination record from the California Immunization Registry (CAIR). The DVR portal allows you to access your records anytime without having to visit your healthcare provider and can be used for school or work requirements.
What information does the DVR include?
The DVR has your name, date of birth, vaccination dates, vaccines received, and future vaccine recommendations. Records are printable!
Where do I access my Digital Vaccine Record?
Visit myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov to request access to your record. The online DVR request form is available in multiple languages.
What digital records can I access from the DVR
There are two types of records you can access from the DVR portal:
- COVID-19 QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader will display the same information on your CDC vaccine card: your name, date of birth, vaccination dates, and vaccines.
- All of your vaccinations reported to CAIR by healthcare providers and pharmacies. Please note that all of your vaccinations may not have been reported to CAIR.
Want more info or need help?
If you have questions about your DVR, please visit: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/faq