Fussy About Fumes? Visit a Healthy Nail Salon
Salons that are certified by the County are committed to less toxic products, safer practices, and better ventilation.
Manicurists follow the criteria listed below to ensure everyone’s health is protected while in the salon.
- Nail polishes without the toxic trio: toluene, dibutyl phthalate, and formaldehyde, which may cause cancer
- Nail polish thinners without toluene and methyl ethyl ketone (MEK)
- Nail polish removers without ethyl acetate and butyl acetate, which irritate eyes and skin
- Artificial nails without methyl methacrylate, which can cause birth defects and rashes
- Ventilation units to filter fumes and dust
- Personal protective equipment to protect manicurists who are in the salon for long periods of time.
Sign up for $5 text certificates valid at 14 salons.
*This salon is not offering certifcates at this time.
For more information about the Healthy Nail Salon Program, click here.