MPOX Vaccination Opportunities
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) recommend that people who have been exposed to mpox (monkeypox) and people with certain risk factors should receive the vaccine to prevent them from developing the disease.
SMC Health is offering weekly clinics on Thursdays. Check MyTurn for available appointments.
Kaiser, Stanford Health, Ravenswood Family Health Center, and Palo Alto Medical Foundation are also able to vaccinate their patients/members who meet the eligibility criteria.
Vaccines are not recommended for people who have mpox.
Use the MyTurn website to schedule a mpox vaccine appointment.
San Mateo County follows guidelines from the California Department of Public Health, which recommends that people who have been exposed to mpox and people with certain risk factors should receive the vaccine to prevent them from developing the disease:
- Anyone living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Any man or trans person who has sex with men or trans persons
- People who use or are eligible for HIV PrEP
- Sex workers
- Sexual partners of the above groups
- People who have had direct skin-to-skin contact with one or more people AND who know others in their community that have had mpox infection
- People who have been diagnosed with a bacterial sexually transmitted disease (e.g., chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis) in the past 3 months
- People who anticipate experiencing the above risks
If you have questions, please send an email to SMCHealth_IZ@smcgov.org.
Additional Vaccination Opportunities
The following locations have supplies of JYNNEOS vaccine by appointment only:
- Adult Immunization and Travel Clinic (AITC) patients: please make an online appointment at www.TravelClinicSF.org
- SF City Clinic: call 628-217-6600
- Strut patients: call 628-212-8038
- Kaiser Permanente patients: call 415-833-9999
- SF Health Network patients: call your provider or health center directly
- UCSF patients and non-patients: call 415-502-3566
- Sutter Health/PAMF patients: call 833-437-1830
Vaccine Resources for the General Public
Vaccine Q&As - CDPH resource with common questions around mpox vaccination.
Vaccine Information Statement: Smallpox/Mpox Vaccine (JYNNEOS™) - CDC vaccination statement, including administration, adverse reactions, and risks (PDF).