Applying to Our Program
The Psychiatry Residency Training Program will be accepting applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Program Code is 1010400C0.
Please submit materials through ERAS prior to September 21, 2018. Any new applications received after this date will not be reviewed. We encourage you to submit applications at the earliest possible date as the interview openings fill up very quickly.
The Residency Selection Committee will review completed applications and contact qualified applicants to schedule an interview. Interview days are Tuesday and Friday from the end of October to mid-January. If you receive an invitation to interview, please contact us as soon as possible to arrange an interview date. We strongly recommend that you have access to a car for your interview at San Mateo County, as interviews may be conducted at more than one clinical site.
Your application will be considered complete when the following documents are received:
- Your application and personal statement
- Your curriculum vitae (The ERAS formatted CV is sufficient)
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from psychiatrists who have observed your work with patients.
- Your medical school transcript
- Your official USMLE transcript: Passing scores on the USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS are required prior to placement on the San Mateo County Psychiatry Residency Program Rank Order List on February 20, 2019.
- Your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- If you are currently or have previously been in a residency program, we also require a letter of reference from your program director
International Medical Graduates
If you are an International Medical Graduate, please also submit copies of the following:
- Your valid ECFMG certificate
- Your California Medical Board “Applicant Evaluation Status Letter”
We will not review your application without these documents. We do not sponsor any Visas. U.S. Clinical experience is highly desirable, along with a letter of recommendation from the supervisor of this experience.